Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in comments to the Editor).
- The manuscript has been written using either the provided Microsoft Word or LaTeX template.
- Where available, DOI numbers and URLs have been provided in the references.
- The figures are of print quality and have a resolution of at least 200 dpi.
- All figures and tables are placed at appropriate locations within the text, rather than at the end.
- Names, affiliations, and email addresses of up to two suggested reviewers, and any persons you would not like assigned to this submission, have been entered in the comments to the Editor.
- You warrant that you have the authority to act as the agent of all the authors of this article for the purpose of entering into this agreement.
- You hereby grant a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) license in the article to the general public.
- You agree to require that a citation to the original publication of the article in the Bulletin of the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering be included in any attribution statement satisfying the attribution requirement of the Creative Commons license of paragraph 2.
- You retain ownership of all rights under copyright in all versions of the article, and all rights not expressly granted in this agreement.
- To the extent that any edits made by the publisher to make the article suitable for publication in the journal amount to copyrightable works of authorship, the publisher hereby assigns all right, title, and interest in such edits to you. The publisher agrees to verify with you any such edits that are substantive. You agree that the license of paragraph 2 covers such edits.
- You further warrant that:
- The article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal or in a book or edited collection, and is not under consideration for any such publication.
- You are the sole author(s) of the article, and that you have a complete and unencumbered right to make the grants you make.
- The article does not libel anyone, invade anyone’s copyright or otherwise violate any statutory or common law right of anyone, and that you have made all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of any factual information contained in the article. You agree to indemnify the publisher against any claim or action alleging facts which, if true, constitute a breach of any of the foregoing warranties or other provisions of this agreement, as well as against any related damages, losses, liabilities, and expenses incurred by the publisher.
- This is the entire agreement between you and the publisher, and it may be modified only in writing. It will be governed by the laws of New Zealand. It will bind and benefit our respective assigns and successors in interest, including your heirs.
The names and contact details entered on this website will only be used to communicate with the authors and will not be made available to any other party for any other purpose.